Eyes are one of the most important facial features, right? They can convey incredible amounts of emotion, help you see the beauty of the world around you, and they are how you make connections with people.
Because eyes are such a big part of our everyday lives, you will want to take great care of them by choosing appropriate makeup products and making sure to apply them in a way that enhances your appearance.
There are so many ways to apply eyeshadows and eyeliners. Make sure you choose the perfect color scheme for your eyes. For example, blue eyes should wear earthy colors, green eyes should stick to purples, and brown and hazel eyes can wear most colors (depending on skin tone).
Also remember to keep your applicators clean, your eye pencils sharp, and your mascara fresh and you will be sure to have beautiful eyes every time you apply your make up!
Sometimes, your eyeshadow can actually detract from your beauty instead of enhancing it because it ends up looking messy by the end of the day. There are some tricks to avoiding this messiness, but most of the time the cause for your eye makeup falling apart is that your products aren’t of a high enough quality.
Try one of these products for flawless eyes that are sure to be memorable.
- Clinique Lash Building Primer Mascara, $15. Some women try so hard to have beautiful, bold eyelashes with no success. One of the best kept secrets for long, healthy lashes is a good mascara primer. This Clinique primer will enrich, enhance, and condition your lashes. If you have damage from years of bad mascara, try this primer to repair and strengthen your lashes. The other great thing about this primer is that it isn’t super expensive. You can’t go wrong with an investment that is cheap and effective!
- Maybelline The Falsies Volum’ Express, $7. Many mascaras claim to give you the “fake eyelash look,” and many mascaras fall very short of their claim—you actually end up with clumpy, dried out eyelashes. Another problem with some mascaras is that they are impossible to get off! This Maybelline mascara does not disappoint. It is easy to apply and easy to take off—and it makes your lashes look amazing! The brush is crafted to give you optimal reach and to create a beautiful curve. This is also a moisturizing mascara, so your lashes don’t dry out throughout the day. It does not smudge or smear, but is easy to get off of your skin. This mascara is great for everyday use, but can also be applied more heavily for a night out!
- CoverGirl NatureLuxe Mousse Mascara, $8. This CoverGirl product is great for lashes that have been ruined from years of harsh mascaras. It is a great “every day” mascara that makes your lashes darker and more defined without making them look too intense. Also, because this mascara is more natural, it actually helps recover your lashes. If you use this product for an extended period of time, you will notice that your eye lashes start to look thicker, longer, and healthier! Not only is this mascara good for your lashes, but it is also a product that will stay on all day. Some more natural mascaras end up smudging because of the different bases used in the ingredients. CoverGirl NatureLuxe Mascara will never smudge and will keep your eyelashes looking fresh and beautiful throughout the day!
- NARS ‘Pro Prime’ Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base, $24. One of the biggest problems with eyeshadow is that, by the end of the day, it ends up in the creases of your eyes and looks streaky. In order to eliminate that problem, use a primer! Another reason to use a primer is to even your skin tone before you apply the eyeshadow to ensure that the color looks even on your entire eyelid. The NARS eyeshadow primer works for cream and powder eyeshadows—so no matter what type of shadow you are using, you can use this primer (which is great because it is kind of pricey).
- L’Oreal Paris HiP Concentrated Shadow Duo, $7. This shadow is great because it is concentrated, which means you won’t have to apply an absurd amount just for the color to show up. It also comes with two colors, so you have a lid color and a crease color all in one package, and it won’t break the bank! Try out some different colors to see what makes your eyes pop, and don’t forget about a good primer to ensure it stays in place!
- Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Soft Shimmer, $14. This shadow is beautiful because it is the perfect middle ground between matte and glitter. This soft shimmer will brighten up your eyes. Because it is a Clinique product, you know it is made with quality ingredients. One of the benefits of a higher end shadow is that the pigments are typically stronger, which means that you don’t have to apply a lot to give your eyes a beautiful shadow that lasts all day.
- Almay Liquid Liner, $7. For those that prefer liquid liners, this is a great buy. Many liquid liners can be messy to apply or dry too quickly. One of the great qualities of this liquid liner is the bush. With some liquid liners, the brush is simply too long to have good control. This Almay product has a short brush that makes application easy. Also, the “ink well” design ensures that you get the right amount of liquid on the brush. This liquid liner dries nicely and doesn’t smudge—giving you confidence in your liner all day long.
- CoverGirl Perfect Blend Liner, $8. This CoverGirl product is a great “every day” pencil liner. The pigments are amazing and there are a couple of ways it can be applied. It can be applied like any traditional pencil liner—a straight line, close to the lashes. Or, you can give it a more dramatic effect by using the smudging tool that comes on the end of the pencil. This creates a very soft look that is great for day or night! Also, because the pigments are so great, this will not smudge throughout the day or end up in the corners of your eyes like so many other pencils.
This was part three in a series about makeup products that last all day. If you want to start from the beginning than check out 8 Foundations that Will Last All Day!