You woke up early just so you could perfectly apply your makeup before work, but by the time you get to your lunch break, you notice that it doesn’t look as perfect as you remember it looking just a few hours before.
Sick of worrying that your foundation will rub off on anything and everything you touch? Tired of glancing in the mirror towards the end of your day and noticing that your foundation has gotten cracked or caked?
It is worth it to find a good foundation that will be sure to stick around because let’s be honest, ladies—a good foundation is hard to find.
Because all skin types are not created the same, you might have to try a couple of products to find the perfect fit for you. Here are some tips: Give the foundation at least a week before you decide to trash it—your face will need some time to adjust to the change. Make sure that you are also cleaning or changing your applicators frequently so that you aren’t constantly reapplying old dirt and oil to your face.
Once you find a product your love, stick with it. Skin likes consistency! Good luck with your searching!
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, $34. People have mixed opinions about primers. Some people think they are absolutely necessary, some people think they are a scam. In most cases, a good face lotion can be used as a primer—just make sure you let it soak in before you apply your foundation. However, if you want to give a primer a shot, this Urban Decay primer is top notch. Not only does it feel great on your skin, but it also yields incredible results. Because it acts like a toner and is oil free, some women might be able to get away with only wearing this product—you might not even have to use foundation anymore! For everyone else, this product really helps to set the foundation and make it stay. Also, this product can be used with any foundation. It is definitely worth the money!
- Philosophy On a Clear Day Acne Clarifying Primer, $30. This is another option for a primer. For women that have acne, this might be the perfect match for you! One of the biggest struggles with foundation is that it clogs your pores and creates opportunities for acne to flourish. Using a primer like this one could be very beneficial because it contains salicylic acid, which helps to treat and eventually prevent acne. You won’t have to worry so much about your foundation if you use this amazing primer! [Read: 14 Acne-Treating Techniques for Clearer Skin]
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish 16hr Foundation, $7. When it says that it lasts 16 hours, it means it. Some cheaper foundations have the tendency to either magically melt off of your face throughout the day or rub off on all of your clothes. However, this foundation stays on your skin and is still easy to take off at the end of the day. For $7, it is definitely worth a shot!
- CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation 10 SPF, $9. For those women that are trying to make a switch to a more “all natural” lifestyle, this is the foundation for you. Although CoverGirl NatureLuxe is not 100% natural, it is one of the closest affordable brands on the market today. Not only are the pigments wonderful, but it also really does let your skin breathe. This is definitely a lighter foundation—more of a daily foundation than a “going out” product. One of the best things about this foundation is that you just feel better about using it because it has more natural ingredients than other brands—and your skin really can tell the difference.
- Maybelline New York SuperStay 24hr Makeup Foundation, $10. This is a thicker foundation—a true “cover up.” For some women, this product might be too “cakey,” but for others it might provide the coverage you need! Because it provides more of a matte finish, it looks fresh all day and keeps your skin looking oil free. Also, it really does stay on all day so there will be no need to reapply. Because this foundation is a little heavier, it would be great for a night out or special event.
- L’Oreal Paris Infalliable Never Fail Makeup Foundation, $16. This product has more natural ingredients than most average foundations, which is great for easily irritated skin or for more acne-prone skin types. Like Maybelline’s SuperStay this is a little heavier liquid foundation, so it could irritate sensitive skin if applied too heavily. It will certainly last all day, but be sure to wear a powder on top to avoid oily skin at the end of the day. This is a great product for people that need a higher end foundation but can’t afford the more expensive brands.
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF 10 Foundation, $36. This is a great product for women that need coverage and are also trying to repair and protect their skin. It provides great coverage all day, evens skin tone, controls oil (which is good for women with acne), and protects with the SPF. This is a product that won’t disappoint, and one that is definitely a good investment. Although this is an expensive product, it is worth the price because it is both good for your skin and it does its job as a foundation.
- Clarins Everlasting Foundation SPF 15, $38. This product acts like a toner, a moisturizer, and a foundation all at once. It has some all-natural ingredients that help your skin feel smoother and healthier. Also, because of the SPF 15, your skin will be protected from the sun all day long. This is a thicker foundation, so it is great for women that need heavy coverage. Because it is a quality product, the heaviness means that your foundation will stay in place without suffocating your skin. This is a good product to buy if you have already tried many different foundations without any luck. It’s likely this could be the perfect match!
This is the first post in a 3-part series about makeup products that last all day. To read the next post check out 8 Products for Lasting, Luscious Lipcolor!