Ladies, we need to take care of our lips. So many lips suffer from the wrong lipstick—it is time to find the right fit for your lips, in health, color, and budget. The perfect lipstick will keep the color all day without making your lips unbearably dry. In fact, finding the right product is important for every type of makeup. [Read: 8 Foundations that Will Last All Day]
Searching for the right lipstick can seem like an impossible task, but this list of lipsticks is tried and true for all of those women out there who are ready to have beautiful lips all day long.
The perfect lipstick is going to be different for everyone depending on your skin type. Here is a tip: go into a place like Sephora or Ulta where they offer many different brands and they will let you test the lipstick before you buy it.
This is more important to do with lipstick than most other makeup because colors are varied between brands depending on the type and intensity of pigments used. So if you think red is your color, try red in your brand of choice before you buy it because it might not look the way you think it will!
Give a couple of these a shot until you find the perfect match for your lips!
- Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion, $20. Lips need primers. There, I said it. Most other makeup products benefit from a primer, but lip products probably benefit most of all. It is so easy to have dried out, crackly lips by the end of the day because of your lipstick; but if you use a primer, you will solve this problem. This Urban Decay lip primer is great—it can almost just be used as a chapstick! Also, Urban Decay has pretty much perfected their primer products, so they are a good brand to trust. If you want your lipstick to stay all day, try out this primer.
- Bite Beauty Line and Define Lip Primer, $22. The great thing about the Bite Beauty Line is that they use almost 100% natural ingredients in their products. They are rather pricy, but lips love natural products. This primer is wonderfully moisturizing and creates the perfect canvas for your lipstick! Another advantage to this primer is you can use it as a casual chapstick throughout the day in order to maintain healthy lips. The all-natural ingredients will help to heal and strengthen your lips so they can look beautiful even without lipstick!
- NYC New York Color Cosmetics Smooch Proof 16hr Lip Stain, $5. For those women that need their color to last all day and night, a stain is a great lip product to consider. Stains are different than lipsticks because they aren’t waxy, which means that they don’t rub off as easily. This is a great product for those on a tight budget who still want beautiful lips! The only downside is that stains are very tricky to get off—you will probably need a makeup remover instead of just soap and water. This would be a great product to save for special occasions!
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter, $7. This is the perfect product for women that wear lipstick every single day. Revlon has created the perfect blend between lipstick and lipbalm by infusing their lipstick with shea butter. This keeps lips smooth, moisturized, and healthy all day. The great thing about this product is that it is still a lipstick, so you will still retain color throughout the day! Although it does require you to reapply every now and then, you will probably want to anyways because of how good it makes your lips feel!
- CoverGirl NatureLuxe Gloss Balm, $8. The NatureLuxe Gloss Balm is fantastic for women that want a little bit of color, but do not want a true “lipstick.” Because of the natural ingredients, the pigments are strong enough to keep color on your lips all day. Also, this product is very healthy for your lips. One of the biggest problems with lipstick is that is dries out your lips, which forces you to reapply throughout the day to cover up the cracks. This product won’t dry your lips and won’t disappoint!
- CoverGirl Outlast All Day Lipcolor, $10. This wonderful CoverGirl product is great for women that want a strong, vibrant lipcolor that feels like a lip gloss but acts like a lipstick. This particular brand offers 48 different colors, so you will be sure to find the perfect color for your skin tone—not to mention every occasion! Even though this is applied like a lip gloss, it has the staying power of a lipstick. The color lasts for 8 hours without leaving your lips feeling dry! It is moisturizing and beautiful!
- Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Smooth Lipcolor, $22. These Lancome lipsticks are absolutely beautiful. There is a wide range of color, and all of the colors stay once you apply them! This is a moisturizing lipstick and gives your lips a lovely, smooth finish. The Lancome line is always a reliable brand, and once you find a color you like, you can order it online. Also, because Lancome can be found at most local malls, you can actually go and try all of the colors before you buy the perfect one for you! This is definitely a lipstick worth investing in.
- Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil, $24. This is a serious lipstick. Because this is an all-natural product, the pigment is very intense. For those that want your lips to pop, this is certainly the product for you! Not only are the pigments beautiful because of their all-natural quality, but they also last forever! You don’t have to apply a lot to get a lot of color onto your lips. This lipstick is more closely related to a stain; but, unlike most stains, this lipstick won’t dry your lips out. This is a product that is worth the money. But be careful, you could very easily get hooked on this amazing brand!
This is part two of a 3-part series about makeup products that last all day. To read the last post check out 8 Products for Perfect Eyes All Day!