Your wedding is going to be one the best times of your life, but chances are the months leading up to it are going to be some of the most stressful. Planning and worrying over every minute detail of the big day is going to take its toll. There’s a reason the bride can become what sounds like a bad Japanese monster movie.
After all of that hustle and bustle you will definitely be looking to blow off some steam with your new partner.
Thank goodness for the honeymoon period – a chance where the two of you get to spend some time together in paradise before coming back to the real world.
The honeymoon is a time to relax and have fun, but more importantly it is a time for romance and intimacy. Everyone knows what the night after the honeymoon is traditionally for; something your less mature friends will nudge and giggle about. The honeymoon is your chance to extend this night over a period of a few days or a week.
The perfect honeymoon place is essential for indulging your desires. The more romantic the location, the more romantic you will feel while you are there. Here are eleven honeymoon hot spots to fuel your passion and spend time with the one you love.
- Greece. A rich history and a vibrant culture make Greece a great place for your honeymoon. Everyone has heard of such places like Crete, Athens, and the Acropolis, and it is very cool to see those places in person. Explore the ancient cities and islands of Greece during the day, and at night explore your flourishing romance in any one of the many luxury hotels. The retreats on the island of Santorini are a favorite, with their sweeping views of the Aegean Sea and immaculate whitewashed buildings. And if nightlife is your thing, the Plaka district in Athens is certain to dazzle and delight.
- Aruba. Staying in your hotel room isn’t everything on a honeymoon, and sometimes getting out and enjoying a full day of adventure can make your alone time at night even more intimate. The island of Aruba may be small, but it’s jam-packed with restaurants, casinos, nightclubs, and miles of white sand. The food is to die for, so spice up your trip by trying as many of the local delicacies as possible. Aruba may get crowded, but that’s just a sign you should let loose and party with the island’s friendly inhabitants.
- The Maldives. Everything about this archipelago exudes romance – from its pearly beaches and sun-dappled waters to its tiki torches and bamboo bungalows. Privacy is king in the adults-only resorts. Stay in a private bungalow that sits behind a private stretch of beach and walk right into the ocean from your private porch. Go the extra mile and reserve a private dinner by candlelight on the beach. With such a romantic atmosphere there will be more than the cocktails turning you on.
- Tahiti. You and your new spouse can’t go wrong with a place that’s known as “The Island of Love”. Tumbling waterfalls, lush rainforests alive with sound and movement, towering mountain peaks, and pristine beaches are all awe-inspiring. The scenery is also likely to inspire something else when the sun dips below the coastline. There’s not as much to do in Tahiti, but all you need is nature when becoming one with each other.
- Bermuda. Settled just east of North Carolina in the North Atlantic Ocean, Bermuda has been a popular tourist destination for centuries. Its pink sand beaches are famous and it has some of the clearest ocean water in the world. The cerulean blue water is so perfect and inviting it’s worth getting wet to be in it. Gaze beneath the transparent waves and discover multicolored coral metropolises teaming with a variety of fish species. It’s so easy to get caught up in each other on this utopian island that you might just miss your flight home.
- Venice. A city of many enchantments, Venice is a long-standing favorite of honeymooners. It knows this and plays up the fact by adding romance anywhere it can. The exquisite cuisine, the beautiful architecture, the breathtaking operas, and the famous canals will all appeal to your romantic sensibilities. Embrace the sensuality of the scenery as you float along in a gondola that will take you wherever your heart desires.
- Turks and Caicos. For those who still have money after their wedding, the Turks and Caicos Islands cater to an upscale crowd. High-end resorts, lavish meals, and prime beaches await the classy and the refined. If the bedroom isn’t big enough to contain your activities, try an underwater adventure in any one of the topnotch snorkeling and scuba diving spots.
- Jamaica. Journey to the land of color and contrast and find excitement and adventure in the third largest island in the Caribbean. Jamaica was one of the first locations to popularize the concept of the “destination honeymoon,” so you know they have some experience to help you on your first time. Tap into your sexy side in one of the many tropical rock pools or full service spas. Or if fast is your speed, explore the wild side in a crowded local market or sun-drenched jungle. The culture of Jamaica is as unique and interesting as they come, so there is sure to be a little something for all types of people.
- Paris. Much like the island of Tahiti, Paris has earned a moniker for its romantic atmosphere and attractions. “The City of Love” is a place of lights, wonder, and passion. Take a walk along the River Seine and imagine all of the famous lovers that have come before you, watch the sun set magnificently through the Arc de Triomphe, or climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower at night and take in the miles of burning electricity that keep the city alive all night long. A honeymoon in Paris means little sleep and lots of fun.
- Fiji. There is a reason that islands make up the majority of this list. Something about the warm sand, cool salty breezes, and brilliant azure oceans makes us sigh in satisfaction. Lucky for you, Fiji has 322 welcoming islands for you to choose from. The exclusive all-inclusive resorts are the way to go, because nothing says intimate like “adults only”. Turn on the good vibrations with a couples in-room massage or seek the privacy of an outdoor plunge pool for another way to release stress. Sun, fun, and more await you in Earth’s modern Eden.
- Hawaii. No honeymoon list could be complete without mentioning what is probably the ultimate honeymoon destination. Whether it’s Maui, Lanai, Kauai, or Molokai, each and every island of Hawaii has its own personality and is worth exploring. The geography is very diverse; volcanos, scenic valleys, clear waterfalls, and picturesque coastlines are all beckoning with their promises of pleasure and excitement. The torch-lit beaches and luxurious accommodations offer the perfect place to enjoy your erotic and intimate first nights together. Relax and renew in one of the most beautiful places in the world and, just because we had to say the name, make sure you have at least one meal at the alluring seaside restaurant called Humuhumunukunukuapua’a.